Friday, August 1, 2014

ANIMALS OF THE GALLATIN CANYON

GRIZZLY BEAR AT MILE MARKER 26 IN THE GALLATIN CANYON

MOOSE IN THE GALLATIN CANYON AROUND MILE MARKER 26

If you have occasion to travel the Gallatin Canyon (referred to as "The Canyon" by the locals) keep your eyes peeled beginning about mile marker 24.  For some reason this seems to be the place in the Canyon that the animal life favors.

I know the moose love the willows but moose are pretty solitary creatures and are not often seen. I have seen this one and one other one around the 26 mile marker.

The grizzly in the top photo was across the river and I did not have my good camera with me.  I took the picture with my phone and it did a pretty good job.  I guess a "not too good picture of a grizzly"  beats not having any picture!

At any rate - when you travel the Canyon - stay alert and watch for the local residents to come out of the woods and provide you a photo op.

No comments:

Post a Comment