Sunday, January 11, 2015

A COMFORT IN TIME OF LOSS


For several years I was privileged to share the company of a wonderful, large, loving and adorable animal.  His name was Prince and he was a Plantation Walker - strawberry roan in color.

He was an absolute love and held a special part of my heart.  Unfortunately, due to old age, I was forced to have him put down.  This is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do in my life.

He was truly a gentle giant - willing to do my bidding and giving me many hours of riding pleasure.

After his loss - my local vet sent me a copy of THE RAINBOW BRIDGE.  No - it did not take away the pain of loss - but - it did let me know that someone cared about my loss.

If you have lost a loved pet - whether it be dog, cat, horse, goat, sheep, pig or whatever - I hope this little poem will help ease your pain.


No comments:

Post a Comment