Thursday, April 25, 2013

CUSTOMER SERVICE...A THING OF THE PAST?












Have you discovered, as I have, that in too many instances companies have removed the words "Customer Service" from their vocabulary?

Well, knitters can take heart.  If you order your yarn from an on line yarn store, I highly recommend that you check out yarnmarket.com I have been ordering yarn from this company for several years and find that they not only know the words "Customer Service", they actually practice it.


Case in point.  I had ordered yarn for two different sweaters from this company.  Several weeks after I received my order I discovered that I needed one additional skein of each yarn.  I placed a call to Yarn Market and, by the way, you get to talk to an actual live person, not a recorded message.  I explained my problem, gave them the name, color number and dye lot number of the yarns.  I explained that I needed one additional skein of each one.  The young lady I spoke with put me on hold, was gone only a few minutes, came back and announced that she had indeed found the exact dye lot I needed in each yarn.


Now, I ask you, when was the last time you talked to a customer service department that actually DELIVERED customer service?  


This company is tops.  I highly recommend that you give them a try next time you need to place an on line yarn order.


No comments:

Post a Comment