Thursday, June 27, 2013

THAT'S A LOT OF BULL

A TRIO OF BULL ELK

Saturday morning, June 22, 2013 I was on my way from Lake Yellowstone back to the town of West Yellowstone. It was shortly after 6 o'clock in the morning. I was just sort of puttering along enjoying the scenery and the quiet and the beauty of Yellowstone.

I rounded a corner in the road somewhere in the West Thumb area of the park. On the right-hand side of the road I caught a glimpse of a bull elk. Naturally, I slowed down considerably hoping to be able to get a picture of him. He came out of the woods and crossed the road in front of me.

A movement on the left-hand side of the road caught my eye and then it dawned on me – there was not one bull elk – there were actually three off them.

As you can see from this photo – they all have pretty sizable racks already. The racks are beautiful – they are all still in velvet.

Immediate reaction – hit the hazard lights to warn other vehicles of their presence – stop the car – pick up the trusty camera and began shooting.

You can see the end result above.

No comments:

Post a Comment