Sunday, January 12, 2014

SNOW OR FIRE - WHAT IS YOUR CHOICE?

A SNOWY FOREST

The scene in the picture above could well have been taken in the National Forest around West Yellowstone.  However, I do not know the actual location where this was taken.

We are getting some snow - but not nearly enough.  I judge the amount of snowfall by a couple of tree stumps that are out behind our house.  Many winters I have seen those stumps completely covered by the snowfall.  This year, however, I can still see at least half of those stumps.

Why do we want lots and lots of snow?  The answer is simple - we either get tons of snow in the winter or we spend the summer worrying about fire.  Given my choice - I will take lots and lots of snow rather than having to face fire in the summer.

Snow or fire - those are the choices you live with when you live near Yellowstone National Park.



No comments:

Post a Comment