Friday, January 3, 2014

A YELLOWSTONE WINTER

A CABIN IN THE SNOW

If my house were not in the town of West Yellowstone but, rather, out in the woods - this could well be a photo of it.

The snow on our roof is beginning to accumulate.  I have seen winters when we have had six feet plus on top of the house.  The first thing I did was call the insurance company to verify that we are covered for "snow load".

Some people in town remove the snow from their roofs a couple of times a year.  We do not do that because my husband is a heart by-pass patient and the last thing I need is for him to be on top of the house shoveling the snow off!!

However, the builders in this area are very familiar with the amount of snow that we receive here in West Yellowstone and they construct their buildings - both residential and commercial - with that in mind.

Right now the snow in our back yard is waist deep.  I know this because I have to walk out and clean off the satellite dish!

If you come to visit during the winter - please remember to dress for our quickly changing weather.  Never go outside without your hat, gloves, boots and heavy coat.



No comments:

Post a Comment