Monday, March 31, 2014

EARTHQUAKE IN YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK

NORRIS GEYSER BASIN - YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK


Phones calls - text messages - e mails - notifications on Facebook --- All this has been going on the last two days.  It seems that on March 30 a 4.8 magnitude earthquake hit Yellowstone National Park  at Norris Geyser Basin.

There seems to be some mis-information out there from somewhere that the town of West Yellowstone was hard hit.  I live just a few blocks from the West entrance to the park.  I personally did not feel the tremors.  A few people in town say they felt it but - as far as I know - there was no damage done in town.

Have heard rumors that some canned goods were knocked off the shelves at the grocery store.  I do not have any verification of that.

Anyway - to all those friends and family that have called - sent a text or contacted us in any other way to find out if we are o.k. - I thank you and - Yes - we are fine.



No comments:

Post a Comment