Friday, June 14, 2013

PLEASE - BE BEAR AWARE

THE BEARS YELLOWSTONE

This post is a plea for you to please, please – when you are in Yellowstone – be "bear aware."  This request is made not only for your own safety but also for the safety of the bears.

As you can plainly see in the above photo, bears do not know how to read road signs nor do they understand the dangers that automobiles create for them.

Even if you are in a populated area of the park you still need to be "bear aware". A couple of weeks ago I was at the general store at Fishing Bridge in the park. As I was walking out of the store - with my peach ice cream -  on my way to my car I looked up and not 50 feet from me strolling through the parking lot was a grizzly bear. It obviously was a young one and obviously did not realize it was where it should not be.

The fact that you are in a populated or semi-populated area of the park does not mean that you might not encounter a bear.

Please remember – you are the visitor – the wildlife owns the park. Please respect them – please respect their habitat – please do your best to keep everyone safe by being "bear aware".

No comments:

Post a Comment