Tuesday, June 18, 2013

YELLOWSTONE TWINS

Mother Moose and her Twins

It is unusual to see moose around here - not impossible - just difficult.  It all boils down to being at the "right place" at the "right time."

For a couple of weeks I have been hearing stories about a mother moose and her twins in the Big Sky area.  Every time we drive to Bozeman I watch for them.  Until yesterday I had absolutely no luck seeing them.

Yesterday evening on the way back to West Yellowstone we were just past Big Sky - almost directly across from the Cinnamon Lodge - when there on the right hand side of the road - out in the field - was the mother and her twins.  The babies were having a great time running and playing.  Wish I had thought to take my video camera with me.  Unfortunately, these still shots are what you will have to make do.




No comments:

Post a Comment