Saturday, June 8, 2013

YELLOWSTONE WILDLIFE


TRUMPETER SWANS
 Thought I would share with you some of the wildlife photos that I took this morning on my way out of the park. You know, Yellowstone wildlife consist of more than bears and bison and elk and wolves.

Pictured above are a couple of trumpeter swans who were busily feeding in the Madison River.

There is also a picture of what I believe to be to Sandhill cranes. I am not really positive that these are sand hill cranes but I think they are.

Then you will see a picture on a lone bull bison in the middle of a field. At this time of year the bulls seem to become fairly solitary creatures, not traveling with the herd.

And then you will see a picture of what is often referred to as "Yellowstone's other wildlife" – the fly fisherman. For most of the summer this particular species – the fly fisherman – will be very prevalent and easy to find in the park.


Sand Hill Cranes
Solitary Bull Bison

Yellowstone's Other Wildlife
The Fly Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment