Sunday, May 12, 2013

AND SO I KNIT.....AND I KNIT.....AND I KNIT SOME MORE!


In my world of knitting, Christmas is always just around the corner even if it is February. It has become a tradition in our family that every Christmas everyone in the family gets one hand knitted item from the needles of Knapp's Knitwits. (Make no mistake about it, I am the HEAD Knitwit!)

Sometimes it is a sweater, sometimes it is a hat and gloves, sometimes it is house slippers, or sometimes it is an afghan. Normally at Christmas time, after the presents have been opened, I will ask each person what knitted item they want next Christmas. They may get the item they have asked for or they get something of my choosing. This keeps a bit of the surprise in Christmas.

I just did a count for Christmas of 2013. As it stands right now I have 13 hand knitted items to get done before Christmas gets here.

Scattered in among the Christmas knitting that I have to do you will find the occasional baby blanket or baby sweater.

I know that sounds like a lot to get accomplished between now and Christmas. All it takes is a little determination and some time. I just happen to have both.

And so, I knit….I knit… And then I knit some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment