Tuesday, May 21, 2013

MOORE, OKLAHOMA

MOORE,  OKLAHOMA

I had intended to spend yesterday afternoon  adding some post to this blog. However, I spent the majority of the afternoon and evening pacing the floor and wondering about the safety of my baby sister and her family who live in Moore, Oklahoma.

The devastation is almost unbelievable. I did find out late yesterday evening that they were safe and unharmed. Their home also escaped with no damage.  I feel like we are among the more fortunate families in the wake of this tragedy.

A couple of days before, the tornadoes that hit Shawnee, Oklahoma were only 30 miles from my daughter's house. Everyone in that part of the family is also safe and unharmed.

One of my favorite gospel songs is called "Till The Storm Passes By". Part of this song says "hold me fast, let me stand, in the hollow of Thy hand". I truly believe  that is where my family was, safe in the hollow of His hand

To the police department, the fire department, the first responders and all others who are working so hard to rescue any and all survivors, my hat is off to you.

To those who unfortunately have lost loved ones, I know it isn't much comfort to you right now, but it is my wish and my prayer that God will send you comfort and that you will feel His presence in a very real way.

No comments:

Post a Comment